Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brooke is 11 months

I can not believe that Brooke is 11 months old! It has gone by so fast!! I will say that the first few months of having a baby and a 2 year old were a little tough. But now things are good!
Brooke is still the sweetheart that she has always been. But, with the crawling comes some new fun adventures. She likes to keep touching things after I have told her to stop. We had Hana's V-smile set up on the bottom of the entertainment center. Brooke liked to play with the cords. No matter how many times I told her "NO" she would look at me sweetly, SMILE, and reach for it again. I like to think that she is too young to really know what she is doing. Maybe she and Hana aren't really as different as I like to think they are. We have since moved the V-smile so that it is not with in reach.
She also makes lots of fun sounds. Mark and Emily named her Brookie the Wookie! She still loves to scream, maybe that will go away some time soon. She says "dada" and "mama" She does not say them to us, but she still says them :)
Brooke has two half teeth. They have both broken the skin, but are not completely out yet. She continues to drool like a faucet.
While she is eating, Brooke can be a bit picky. I will cut up some bananas, carrots, or whatever and put them on her tray. She refuses to pick them up and feed herself. But if I take those same items and squish them up in a bowl, she will eat them up (moaning the entire time). She would also much rather me just do something for her than for her to do it herself. She can crawl somewhere, pretty quickly too, but she is just as happy for me to pick her up and carry her. This is SOO NOT like Hana (Hana's favorite line was "my do it myself")
She is pulling up a lot and can walk around when she is holding on to something. She can balance standing up for several seconds (20 or so if she feels like it). She likes to pull up on me when I am sitting on the floor and just stare at me. All in all she is still her sweet laid back self... just a little older.


Hana and Brooke play together which is so great! Here are a couple of pictures from this morning of them standing and crawling together.

Hana is so proud to be helping her little sister.


Here they are standing together!


1 comment:

The Breedloves said...

can you even believe how old they are? I am so proud of Brooke with all her new tricks! Can't wait to see her and Steven together again-I suppose next time they'll be chasing each other!