We did A LOT (a lot, a lot), so I will try to give a run down. But *note* there are a lot of pictures to come!!
Thursday, after flying in, we walked around the City. We saw Time Square (which is very big and over whelming). In the pictures I am not extra fat- I zipped my purse under my jacket (me being paranoid and all).

Stopping to pose for a picture (one of about a million more to come)
Friday we went to Live with Regis and Kelly (although Regis was not there- we later learned that he only works Monday- Wednesday). Bryant Gumbel was the co-host.
Kelly was really nice, she came and talked to the audience in between each takes.Here we are waiting to go into the show:)
Here we are on the set.

In the stands.
The view from our seat.

After we left the show, we took a cab (unfortunately, which we found out later, Nanny left her purse in this cab).
We ate an icky lunch and headed over to the piers for a boat tour. It was a great view of the city!
We got to see the Statue of Liberty.


And some amazing views of the city.



Don't even ask...
Since it rained ALL day Saturday, we weren't able to do our "planned" activities. So we went to China Town to get some cheap stuff. We did not know, that in order to get some knock off purses, that you had to go to the basement under lock and key. We will just chalk that up to an experience!
Saturday night we went to an amazing Italian restaurant a few blocks from Courtney's dorm. It was wonderful, I had black pasta... very good!
We did have time to pose for a few pictures... I mean there is always time for that!
On Sunday we went to the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Of course their choir was amazing!!
We then RAN to make our play... Hairspray. It was great!! The acting and singing was wonderful. The play had Norm from Cheers (as the Mother no less), Tevin Campbell (I don't know if you remember him... he had a song when I was in middle school "One More Try" - the main reason I remember is that I had my first "slow dance" to that song... ahhh the memories!), and one of the boys from O-Town. The only reason I know all of this was that it was in the Play-bill :)
I did stop by the "Seinfeld" restaurant... it is not the same inside... but the outside looks just like it does on TV :)

And sadly that ends our trip. I had an absolutely WONDERFUL time!! Thank you to Nanny, and Mom... who graciously paid for EVERYTHING! Thank you to Courtney who put the trip together, put up with all of us, and let me stay in your apartment!
I love you all!





No comments:
Post a Comment