Friday, March 21, 2008

Brooke is ONE!!!

It is so hard for me to believe that one whole year has passed since Brooke was born. It literally seems like yesterday when I went to the Doctor (with what I thought was false labor). My mom called while I was waiting to see the Dr, and I told her that I was having contractions. But even after the Doctor checked and said I was indeed in labor... it still did not feel real. Even after being checked into the hospital and sending Hana to Emily's house... it still did not feel real. After getting several drugs to relax me (and see if I had a Urinary Tract infection)... it still did not feel real. After being sent to the "labor and delivery" side of the hospital... it still did not feel real. However, after hearing a woman scream during labor and realizing that my contractions were getting harder and closer together... it finally felt real! And once the Doctor checked me and told me that I was a whopping 7 centimeters dilated... it REALLY felt real! After only 3 pushes Brooke made her debut into the world... 6 weeks early... and 10 days before her shower.
So much has changed in the last 12 months. I have become a mother of
two. I have gotten to know my beautiful sweet daughter. I have learned a lot about myself and even more about my two girls.
Brooke has learned to do so much. While she is still a month or so "behind the curve", she is growing and changing SO much! She is still a little tiny thing (we will know exactly how tiny on Thursday when we go for her year check up). She wears mostly 6-9 months clothes and can even fit comfortably into some 3-6 months. She can say "mama" and "dada". She can crawl very well and can stand by herself for up to a minute. She is cruising around on just about everything. She is laid back about most things... except her food! She likes her milk to be warm and she doesn't like to pick up "squishy" foods. She is very much a Mamma's girl. If I am in the room- I have to be holding her. She is learning new things (like pointing to our nose). She can also point to our mouth, but she will ONLY do those things if she is in the mood.
As you can tell life is much different in March 2008, than it was in 2007. And I wouldn't change anything for the world!

We are starting to read "word" books. Here we are yesterday with some animals :)


No comments: