Tuesday, July 22, 2008

a beach day- behind the scenes


When you walk past a group of moms at the beach, you may mistakenly think "oh what a nice relaxing day for them at the beach". This is could not be farther from the truth! I am going to give you insight in to a mom's morning planing for the beach. A behind the scenes if you will.
The morning starts like any other, you get up, get yourself ready and start breakfast. The children (in this case, girls) wake up and are ready to be fed. They eat... and then the fun begins. First you must plan out and make what you (and your 2 kids) are going to eat on your outing. Then you must pack your massive beach bag with all of the beach essentials. Then you get both girls slathered in sunscreen (if wondering why this is a necessity see previous post entitled "red hot") and dressed in their bathing suits. Oh and don't forget about yourself! You must stuff your "mommy body" into a bathing suit :) After the last minute pees and carrying everything out to the car, you are ready to go. All that in under 2 hours is pretty good!
Once you are there you are free to enjoy yourself and your friends. If your children cooperate and want to go where the other kids go... But alas you complete the day with one crying (teething) 16 month old and a 3 1/2 year old saying "I want to go home". What a reward for all of your efforts!
I must add that, I am really thankful for the moms. They help make it worth it to lug all of the stuff (and kids) to and from the beach. We get to have good conversation (when the kids allow it) and a nice tan. I am thankful for their friendship and what they mean to me and my children. And for the beach trips...I would not have it any other way :)

The posse that allows me to be sane after a day at the beach


And the reason that we do all of the hard work :)

No comments: