Hana
Hana has really enjoyed playing at the beach (in the water!) and the pool. She still doesn't want to go under the water or get water in her face, but still she is doing good! She has learned what "family" is and comments regularly that we are her family. We are still working on making words. She can spell c-a-t and a couple of other simple words.
Her current favorite reading material is the coupon book. A week or two ago she saw the coupon book and wanted to look through it. I told her it was fine and she could look at it as much as she wanted... well she has! She reads it just about everyday and wants to take it to bed and nap each day! Who would have thought!! I guess she is learning to find a good deal early!


We were at the store earlier this week and we walked past a big jar of pickles. Hana said "I love pickles". I said "since when?" and she mater-a-factly answered "Thursday".
Brooke
Brooke is walking pretty much full time. So she can finally wear shorts! (she couldn't when she was crawling because it scratched up her knees.) She can stand up with out pulling up on something. She just kind of puts herself in a bent over squat and pushes up.
She also loves hats. It doesn't matter the size, shape, or color, she wants to wear it. She will bring me the hat and say "ha" ha" until I put it on her head. Here she is experimenting with one of my hats.

So cute!

She is doing pretty well switching from two naps a day to one. That is one of the reasons that we have been going and doing every morning... to make this transition easier. She is also saying a few "words". She puts her hand on her head and says "hai" "hai" (that is hair). She has "hot" when we give her something to eat (whether it is hot or not). She still says "dog" and "cat". She hold her baby and calls it "daddy" (one of the few clear words she can say). It doesn't matter how many times I say "baby"... she repeats "daddy"
So that is the update on our life... I hope you enjoyed it!




No comments:
Post a Comment